Friday, February 5, 2010

THE PAINS AND THE LOVE!

I RECENTLY PARTICIPATED IN DONATING MY TIME AND DJ SKILLS TO ONE OF THE MANY HAITIAN RELIEF FUNDRAISERS..And even though, it wasnt the best turn out..it was a good vibe and people were kool..However, Carlos the promoter was SUPER kool and gave nothing but positive feedback failed to prepare me with what came next. I have been DeeJaying for over 20yrs now, and I must say I still love it..I have had alot more Down times, than UP but still I am drawn to the feeling you get when everyone is up and enjoying what you play and do...But being a veteran of the game, you have to pick and choose your battles wisely, and actually see thru the BS that is thrown at you consistently. I was overjoyed to see some veteran promoters there as well(NYC's Finest!!)..maybe they thought I sounded good enough to join there squad as one of their premiere DJ's..The disappointment comes in when not only did they give me a Sob story, but the tried to Run game..The sad part is, a new DJ would have probably gone for it, who am I foolin, for a few cents more i would have went for it...You know why, cause I LOVE WHAT I DO...but, I do want to be respected and appreciated for it..not hustled, ran tired lines, told what others accepted in the pass..So to cut this short, DJ's please stand up, cause we are not being respected for our craft anymore..We are just expendable pieces of someones money game now..So, show if they cant afford you, they arent getting the best, they get what they pay for...Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment